The ashes of a prominent Buddie who died in Marseilles in 1924 were brought back to Paisley to be interred.
John Armour Brown had been the owner of noted cornflower firm Brown & Polson, which for many years was a major employer in the town.
He was the grandson of founder, William Brown.
His ashes had been placed in an urn, enclosed within an oak casket, and shipped from Marseilles to Paisley, where a service, attended by many employees of Brown & Polson, was held at Coats Memorial Church.
The Reverend Dr MacLean, of Paisley Abbey, delivered a short address in appreciation of Mr Brown and his dedication to public service.
The cortege comprised 37 motor cars and horse-drawn carriages, as well as two landaus laden with floral tributes.
Large crowds lined the streets as the procession moved from Coats to Woodside Crematorium, where the casket was lowered into the grave by Mr Brown’s four sons.